by Green Gourmet L
I was browsing around Old Town this past weekend, and I promised myself I wouldn’t buy anything. I’ve got some summer trips coming up (not to mention a big move to Texas), so I’ve tightened the purse strings. Let’s be honest, the purse strings are super glued together. But I had to make an exception when I came upon this special little guy:
This is a French fruit syrup, which is made from 50% fruit juice. It has no chemicals, preservatives, or dyes. No artificial sweeteners.
You can do a bunch of things with this:
- Sweeten up your favorite hot tea
- Drizzle over fresh fruit (like the rose or violette flavors)
- Pour over ice cream or sorbet
- Add a zing to your homemade salad dressing
- Mix it into yogurt
- Make peach flavored ice to put into iced tea
- Reinvent your favorite cocktail (mint julep anyone?)
- Make your own soda by adding a splash to your sparkling water
We made our own Orangina using 1 part orange syrup to 9 parts water. So good! They have a variety of flavors -orange, strawberry, lemon, lime, mint, anise, pineapple, almond, violette, even pamplemousse (my favorite French word). You can see what you remember from your highschool French class on their website. Or, if you’re like me, you can hop on over to Amazon and order your favorite flavor. If you live in DC, head to Old Town Alexandria and check out La Cuisine to buy Teisseire and other great foodie finds! Enjoy this awesome product and don’t forget you read about it on Green Gourmets!